Skip to content
Bicycle tourism: transforming destinations across the world, for the better.
- Local Governments receive more than US$13.3 billion directly back in tax revenue from their local bicycle tourism industry.
- Globally, the bicycle tourism industry provides over 847,000 jobs.
- In Europe alone, there are 2.3 billion cycle tourism trips each year, representing $44 billion Euros.
- The global bicycle tourism industry is worth more than 3 times that of the bicycle product industry.
- There is currently a 550% growth opportunity in both the US and Australia.
- Mobile searches for cycling destinations increased by over 40% in 2017.
- The world’s top bicycle tourism destinations generate millions of local dollars annually.
- Bicycle tourism is the fastest growing outdoor travel sector.
- The largest growth markets in bicycle sales are electric and gravel bikes.
- Cyclists are very appreciative of the services offered by local destinations – they’ve worked hard to get there
- A strong local cycling culture will contribute to a strong bicycle tourism culture.
- Bicycle tourism is a sustainable industry.
- Bicycle tourists tend to stay longer and spend more.